Teaching assistants don't just need to have great grades, they need to inspire.
They require at least an 8/A* in either English or maths at GCSE to be considered for the role. We then assess them to see how they interact with our students. Only 1 in 5 of those interviewed are successful.
In addition to our teaching staff we have a team of teaching assistants whose job it is to keep up contact between teachers, students, and parents. Every class is assigned two teaching assistants who help out in lessons and provide extra support and encouragement to children who need it. If your child is struggling with something in particular, you can ask them to go over it with your child.
They're your main point of contact for the course, and will always be available to talk to before and after lessons. Our teaching assistants are hired from a pool of promising local students, some of them former pupils of Test Teach, and are selected for academic success, strong communication skills, and their ability to act as good role models.
- The best local students from surrounding schools and universities.
- High achievers and good role models.
- Require at least an 8/A* in either English or maths at GCSE to be considered for the role.
- Assessed to see how they interact with our students. Only 1 in 5 of those interviewed are successful.
- In the lesson with your child and your first point of contact.
- Aware of the struggles students can face when learning – over 90% passed the 11+ themselves.
- All our teaching assistants have an enhanced DBS
All staff featured are employed as of January 2019.